Have you ever wondered if planets outside our solar system support life? Are you curious about the science behind space travel and exploration? If so, consider a major in astrophysics. The study of astrophysics combines coursework in astronomy, physics, chemistry and mathematics to help you better understand our cosmic origins and how the forces of nature are continuously transforming and reshaping the universe.
Other benefits of an astrophysics major at Lycoming:
- Extensive study in both astronomy and physics in just four years.
- Preparation for advanced study in astrophysics, astronomy and/or physics.
- Development of research, data analysis and problem-solving skills for potential careers in:
- High-tech corporations such as NASA, Boeing, Lockheed Martin and various defense industries
- Education, planetarium science and museum work
- Private and government-sponsored research labs