7911 Model Phone - Student Guide
- Display Screen
- Phone Series and Model
- Navigation/Scroll Button
- Display/Menu of Applications
- Hold Button
- Volume Control
- Handset and Voice Mail Indicator Light
- Dial the last 4 digits of the telephone number.
Calls within the 570 Area Code:
- Press 9 + 7-digit phone number. You will hear "Beep Beep." Enter your TAC number.
Calls outside the 570 Area Code:
- Press 9 + 1 + Area Code + 7-digit phone number. You will hear "Beep Beep." Enter your TAC number.
** Please note that after you dial 9 to get an outside line, you WILL NOT hear a dial-tone. However, it IS dialing. There is a 5 second pause before you hear the connection (for example, ringing or busy signal) on the other end of the line.
Voice Mail Guide
To Set Up Your Voice Mail Box:
1. Call the voice mail system:
- Press the MSGS softkey on your screen or dial 7000
2. Enter your default password (for setup purposes only): 113355#
3. Follow the system prompts. You will record your name, a personal greeting, and set a new person security code (password). When done, press #.
- Note: Your security code must be 5-7 digits long and cannot be numbers in consecutive order (such as 12345), the same digits as your extension, and cannot have multiples of the same number (such as 14463 or 12559).
4. When you hear "to continue," press * and hang up.
Checking Your Voice Mail
The red light on the back of your handset is the voicemail indicator light. When this light is on, it indicates that you have voicemail waiting.
To Check New Messages from Your Room:
- On your phone, dial 7000 -OR- press the MSGS softkey on your phone.
- Enter your password and then press #.
- To check new messages, press 1.
Note: To get into the message quicker, press 7000, password, #1#.
For more information on using your voice mail, please visit "Student Voice Mail."
Answering a Call
- Simply pick up the handset.
Placing a Call
- Lift the handset and dial the number (remember use the “Dialing Guide”).
Placing a Call on Hold
- Press the Hold button.
- Press the Hold button again to reconnect.
Transferring a Call
- While on the phone, press the Transfer softkey.
- Dial the 4-digit extension you want to transfer to.
- Press Transfer again.
- Hang up.
- Press CFwdAll softkey.
- Dial the 4-digit number you want to transfer to.
- Forwarding calls directly to voice mail: Press CFwdAll softkey, then press the MSGS softkey.
- To undo call forward, press CFwdAll again.
Redial Last Number Called
- Press Redial softkey.
- Lift handset.
Retrieve Missed, Received, & Placed Calls
- Press Display/Menu button.
- Use Navigation button to highlight "Directories."
- Press the Select softkey.
- Highlight call type to view using the Navigation button and press the Select softkey.
- Scroll up and down through the calls with the Navigation button.
- To exit the number listing, press the Exit softkey three times.
Set Ringer Volume
- Press Volume button up or down.
- Press Save softkey.
Set Call Volume
- While on a call, press the Volume button up or down.
- Press the Save softkey.
Complete dialing and voice mail instructions can be found on the Web at: www.lycoming.edu/its/telecommunications. If you have additional questions, please contact the Office of Telecommunications at extension 4074 or email email@example.com.