There are three types of transcripts:
- Official copies of transcripts are those sent directly from the Office of the Registrar to a third party.
- Unofficiall copies of transcripts stamped "issued to student," are those given directly to the student in person or by mail.
- Official copies issued to students are in a signed, sealed envelope. Breaking the seal makes the transcript unofficial.
There are three ways to request transcripts:
- Effective April 1, 2014, Lycoming College and SCRIP-SAFE International are partnering to provide twenty-four hour access to an online transcript ordering service through a secure website.
- The cost to have a transcript sent electronically will be $3.00/ transcript.
- The cost to have a paper transcript sent through this service will be $5 for the first transcript and $1 for every other transcript within that order.
- Order updates are emailed to you and you can also check your order status and history online.
- To order a transcript after the effective date, simply return to this site and follow the simple directions.
- Transcripts can be obtained by following this link to the National Student Clearinghouse. Follow the onscreen prompts. Additional processing fees will apply.
- You may follow the instructions listed below:
- Federal regulations prohibit the processing of transcripts without a written request from the student or former student.
- You may submit a completed transcript request form or letter.
- In order for your request to be processed, you must sign the form and you must enclose the appropriate fees.
*Transcripts will not be issued for any individual whose financial obligation to the college has not been satisfied.
*Incomplete forms or those with financial holds will be returned.
*All transcript requests are processed in the order received.
*Transcripts are processed within three working days during non-peak seasons.
*During peak seasons (beginning and end of a term) it can take up to 14 business days.
*Lycoming College will NOT fax transcripts.
Students currently enrolled at Lycoming College are exempt from the transcript fee.* Express Mailing fees still apply.
Transcript processing fees are $5.00 for the first copy and $1.00 for each additional transcript in the same request.
By check: payable to Lycoming College
Visa or Mastercard: account number, expiration date, and your current billing address. If the cardholder name and address are different from yours, you must submit that as well.
To have a transcript sent by Federal Express, there is an additional fee of $25 within the continental US.
Please contact our office for delivery rates to Alaska, Hawaii and International destinations.
Send your form or letter, and fees:
The Office of the Registrar
700 College Place - Campus Box 159
Williamsport, PA 17701-5192.
If you are a current student or are paying by credit card, you may fax the completed form to the attention of The Office of the Registrar at 570-321-4980; scan and email the completed form as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot print the form, you must write a letter which contains the following:
- Name while attending Lycoming College.
- Social Security number.
- If a graduate, your graduation date, if not, the last semester and year you attended.
- Current return mailing address.
- Address transcript will be mailed to.
- Federal Law Requires Your signature.
- If the transcript is to be sent to you, it will be official unless otherwise indicated.
- Enclose the appropriate fee.
You may order a maximum of 25 transcripts in one order.