Special Housing Accommodations Request Process
Lycoming College makes reasonable accommodations for students requiring special housing due to medical reasons. The procedures below outline how to make a request for a Special Housing accommodation. Requests must be submitted and approved annually; no student will be "grandfathered" for subsequent year(s). Please contact the Residential Life Office, (570) 321-4147, if you have any questions about this process.
- Print a copy of the 2 page Housing Accommodations Request Form. If you have difficulty printing this form, contact the Residential Life Office and we will be glad to forward a copy to you via postal or e-mail.
- Complete the form as indicated: front (Page 1) of the form by the student or parent/guardian and back (page 2) by the certifying professional. Please note: this is the only form that will be accepted for review. The Residential Life Office must receive the completed form from returning students no later than February 28 and by July 3 from freshmen, transfer and readmitted students. Requests received after the deadlines will be considered on a space-available basis due to limited accommodations.
- Completed requests will be reviewed by the Special Needs Housing Committee consisting of Residential Life Staff, the Nurse Director of Student Health Services, Counseling Services, and the Coordinator of Services for Students with Disabilities.
- The student will be notified of the approval/denial of the request via e-mail.
- If approved for an air conditioner, the notification will provide specific instructions. A set monthly charge will be billed to the student's account for the electricity used.