Thanksgiving Break 2012
- Official Thanksgiving Break is from 9:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 20th until 10:00 a.m. Sunday, November 25th.
- Meal service ends with lunch on November 20th and begins with dinner on November 25th.
- Campus dining (Wertz dining hall, Jack's Place, and Cafe 1812) is closed during the entire Thanksgiving Break; in other words, there is no meal plan service during this time.
- Campus housing functions with limited operation (Buildings & Grounds, Custodial, and Residential Life.)
- The Office of Safety & Security is fully operational 24/7, however, other campus offices are closed Thursday and Friday.
IMPORTANT POLICY UPDATE!
As a result of a recent inspection by the Williamsport Bureau of Codes we found it necessary to change a few of our current Residential Life Regulations/Room Regulations, specifically RR2-6, RR2-8, RR2-11, RR6-10.
- RR2-6 - Extension cords are PROHIBITED in any campus residence.
- RR2-8 - Power strips only may be used for multiple plugs. Power strips must be plugged directly into a wall outlet and must include a surge protection button/switch. Power strips may not be plugged into another power strip.
- RR2-11 - Temporary electrical lights, including Holiday lights, as well as halogen lights pose a severe fire safety hazard and are prohibited from all campus residences.
- RR6-10 – Temporary electrical lights including holiday lights are prohibited in all campus residences.
The new room regulations are effective immediately and can also be found on our website at http://www.lycoming.edu/residentialLife/roomRegulations.aspx.
- We will be looking for any issues during Thanksgiving and Winter Break 2012 Closing inspections and if you are not in compliance with this policy you will be given a warning.
- During Health & Safety inspections in the spring 2013 we will then begin fining and officially documenting these infractions.
Whether you are leaving or staying on campus for break, you are expected to take any necessary corrective actions to be in compliance.
Closing Your Residence For Break
All residents (halls, apartments, and Commons) are responsible for completing the following (however, the last resident to leave MUST confirm completion):
- Store all food in sealed plastic or metal containers.
- Tidy your residence and empty your trash.
- Unplug all electrical items except refrigerators and fish tanks*. In other words, there should be nothing other than a refrigerator and fish tank plugged into any outlet in a residence. Power strips must also be unplugged from the wall outlets. *The College does not take responsibility for plants or fish left over any break.
- Turn off all lights.
- Close and lock all windows.
- Pull the window shade(s) down halfway.
- Lock your door(s). Be sure you have your ID and key(s).
- Move your vehicle to a student parking lot if you plan to leave it on campus during the break.
All housing (except those who are registered to remain on campus) is checked by staff to insure that proper check-out procedures have been followed. Failure to follow closing procedures will result in a minimum $15.00 sanction/fine.
Staying on Campus For Break
- Break housing residents are permitted to have only break housing residents as guests in their rooms and buildings; they may not have any overnight guests.
- With the exception of the guest policy stated above, All College and Residential Life policies apply to students who remain on campus during break. Policies are on the Res Life webpage at: http://www.lycoming.edu/residentialLife.
- Resident students who will be on campus during any/all of break must submit an on-line registration form (below) by 12 noon on Tuesday, November 20th.
The deadline to register to stay on campus for break
was 12noon, Tuesday, November 20th.
If you will be on campus for any/all of Thanksgiving Break, you must now contact The Office of Residential Life via E-MAIL to register for break housing.