Fall 2014 Arrival - Non-Degree Students
- Only students with outstanding financial obligations will need to report to the Business Office in Long Hall on Saturday, August 23, between 12:00 Noon. and 5:00 p.m. College staff will be available to assist with questions regarding student accounts and financial aid. Non-degree students will not be able to register for classes until their account is settled. The Business Office will not be open on Sunday, August 24.
- Non-degree students must submit health forms. You can obtain a health record form at http://www.lycoming.edu/healthServices/pt-health-form.pdf. Students with incomplete health forms need to contact Health Services before they can register for classes. Please contact Health Services Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at 570.323.4052. Health Services will not be open on Saturday, August 23,or Sunday, August 24.
- We request non-degree student who do not have a current Lycoming College email account come to campus on Sunday, August 24, to attend the training session at the Information Technology Center at 11:15 a.m. in room B-201 of the Academic Center. You will need to attend a training session before being assigned a campus e-mail account. If you are unable to attend the IT training session on Sunday, you will need to contact IT Services (ext.4150 or email@example.com) who will schedule you for a mandatory e-mail orientation. Once you complete the orientation, you will be assigned a Lycoming College e-mail account.
The following offices will be open:
Saturday and Sunday:
Important Notice To All Students – Directory Information
Under the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, directory information is considered public information and, as such, may be made available to third parties unless you request to be excluded from such published information. Directory information may include your name, parents’ name(s), local and home address and telephone numbers, e-mail address, date and place of birth, major field of study, class year, information related to participation in officially recognized activities and sports, dates of attendance, degrees, class rank to be used in determining eligibility for honors and awards and activities. If you do not wish to have this information about you made public, you must complete the appropriate form in the Office of the Registrar, 109 Long Hall, by 4:00 p.m. Friday, August 29. This hold will remain in place until you complete the appropriate form to remove it.
It is highly recommended that you visit our Safety and Security Office as soon as possible to obtain your College ID. You will need a College ID to gain entry to the Academic Center, Heim Science Building,Fine Arts Building, Communication Building, Wertz Student Center, Honors Hall and the Chapel as well as the Dining Room, Recreation Center and many College sponsored activities. Additionally, you will need your ID to check books out of the library and purchase books/supplies in the campus store. You can obtain your ID card at the Safety and Security Office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and on Saturday, August 23, and Sunday, August 24, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
All vehicles owned and/or operated by currently enrolled students must be registered with the Department of Safety and Security. Parking registration can be completed online prior to you arriving on campus by accessing the link on the Department of Safety and Security web page. However, parking decals may still be purchased in the Department of Safety and Security located in the lower level of Rich Hall, weekdays from 8:00 am to 4:30 pmand on Saturday, August 23 or Sunday, August 24, between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Your driver’s license and vehicle registration card are required to register a vehicle. Obtaining a parking decal does not guarantee a parking space in campus parking lots.
Please take a few minutes to visit the 2014-2015 Student Handbook http://www.lycoming.edu/studentLife/studentHandbook/. It contains College policies and important information that you should know.
In Case Of Campus-wide Emergency
The College has installed an emergency siren that will be activated in cases of campus-wide emergencies, such as a hazardous material accident, hostile events, or a weather emergency (tornado). We strongly encourage you to subscribe to the College’s emergency alert system so that you will receive a message to your cell phone should such an emergency occur. You can enroll in Lycoming College’s Emergency Alert Text messaging system by accessing RAVE Mobile Safety through your College email address. Instructions will be provided on how to enroll in this text messaging system.
You are also encouraged to become familiar with the College’s emergency procedures at lycoming.edu/emergencyPreparedness/referencePage
Campus Dining Locations Fall Semester Opening Schedule
Dining Room—Regular hours will be posted on-line at: lycomingdining.catertrax.com
- Breakfast – $4.40
- Continental Breakfast—$3.05
- Lunch – $5.50 (Afternoon – $4.95)
- Dinner – $8.15
- Weekend Brunch - $5.50
- Sunday, August 24, from 7:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Sunday, August 24, from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.