Little Siblings Weekend - Spring 2014
What is Little Siblings Weekend?
Little Siblings Weekend is a time for Lycoming College students to share their life away from home with their younger siblings. Any younger sibling aged 6 and older is welcome to join us for this special program. The weekend will typically begin at 10 a.m. on Saturday, and will end around 3 p.m. on Sunday. Throughout the weekend Lycoming College student organizations will offer a variety of events such as the movie "The Princess & The Frog," games, contests, bowling and more! If nothing else, Little Siblings Weekend is a wonderful opportunity for the Lycoming student and their little sibling to spend quality time together.
When is Little Siblings Weekend?
Little Siblings Weekend will be held in the Spring Semester of 2014. Typically it is held in March or April. Check back to this page for an announcement on the actual date.
Where will the little siblings sleep?
If your Lycoming student lives on campus, the little sibling will stay with them in their residence hall room. If your Lycoming student is a commuter, they both will return home after Saturday's events.
Where will they eat?
The optional program fee includes Brunch and Dinner on Saturday and Brunch on Sunday in the Campus Cafeteria.
What will the program cost?
This program will cost $15 but only if you want to eat in our campus cafeteria. All events during the weekend will be provided by Lycoming College Student Organizations with no additional charges. So if you are not choosing to eat on campus then the weekend is at no cost to you to take part in what we are offerring. Little Siblings may want to bring some incidental spending money to cover the cost of sodas, snacks or souvenirs.
Should parents attend?
This experience is for Lycoming College students and their little siblings. Parents are welcome to stay in town at a hotel as a mini-retreat for themselves.
What else do I need to know?
It is important that you speak to your Lycoming student about the responsibility that comes with having a little sibling visit for the weekend. It is expected that the Lycoming student will be with their little siblings at all times and assume complete responsibility for their welfare.
What if I have more questions?
Please call Larry Mannolini, Director, Student Programs and Leadership Development, at (570) 321-4118.
Little Siblings Weekend Schedule - Sample of a Typical Schedule
In addition to these, we encourage you to explore the greater Williamsport area for a variety of activities and opportunities.
- 10:00 am – Noon: Registration: Confirmed Schedules and Meal information - Burchfield Lounge
- 10:00 am – Noon: Face Painting, Coloring, and Make your own pixie stix, Build-a-Bear (one per Little Sibling while supplies last), sponsored by the Campus Activities Board - All in Burchfield Lounge
- 10:00 am - Noon: Wii in Jack's Corner, sponsored by the Campus Activities Board, Jack's Corner
- All Weekend: Free Billiards and Free Fooseball in Jack's Corner
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Brunch - Cafeteria
- 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm: CAB Movie: Rise of the Guardians - Heim G-11. Movie Sponsored by the Campus Activities Board
- 1:00 pm: Women's Softball vs. Alvernia, David Person Field
- 1:00 pm: Women's Tennis vs. Misericordia
- 2:00 pm: Kickball, sponsored by IFC, Quad
- 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm: Dinner - Recreation Center
- 8:00 pm: CAB Movie: Rise of the Guardians - Heim, G-11 Movie Sponsored by the Campus Activities Board
Attend your preferred worship service. Some area churches include:
- 8:00 am: First United Methodist Church - informal worship
- 8:45 am: St. Boniface Catholic Church
- 10:30 am: St. Marks Lutheran Church
- 10:00 am: First United Methodist Church - traditional worship
- 11:00 am: St. Boniface Catholic Church
- 11:30 am: First United Methodist Church - contemporary worship
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm: Brunch - Cafeteria
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Easter Egg Hunt, Pennington Lounge, Sponsored by SPSEA